Monday, February 22, 2010

i'd rip their nostrils open with a boat hook

Quick update: I added an About Me page to this blog! Well, the actual title is The Man Himself, but you get the idea. Of course, the author's picture is not of me, but at least it's a doctored Victorian photograph whose subject vaguely resembles me. That's a start, right? Right? Yes. I've never been a fan of author's photos, especially when they're of me - so many authors try so hard to project a specific image to reflect upon their work that prospective readers would take one look at me and dismiss whatever I've written as pulpy "genre fiction" (whatever that term even means), sight unseen. Another photo at least gives me some leeway to cloud the waters a bit. Plus, it's fun and who gives a shit what I look like anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment