Monday, March 1, 2010

i got a letter in the mailbox today

Added a little something to my About page just now, noting my successful participation in NaNoWriMo last year. I've briefly mentioned the resulting novel in previous posts - mostly by complaining about the tiresome editing process - but to throw out a little more detail, the working title is Only the Dead May Use the Bathroom, and it's set at a university for clowns and mimes. It clumsily touches on, among other things, how members of a voluntary subculture struggle with acceptance from people who, sometimes rightfully, don't understand or appreciate them. There's also a hint of what happens to once-popular cultural phenomena when they fade into the circular firing squad of academic study. My hope is to beef up some of these themes, as well as play with the writing itself more and expand a couple of characters whose development fell victim to word count and deadline.

More later; sadly, I must return to the freelancer's lot of hassling people who owe me money.

No comments:

Post a Comment