Tuesday, July 13, 2010

needs to have more track time


I write like
Mark Twain
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Well, THAT certainly wasn't the result I expected. Cool, though. I do like me some Twain.

Currently vacationing in NC for a few days, relaxing and writing and venturing out into the heat on Tuesday to tour the International Civil Rights Museum in Greensboro, located in the building where the Woolworth's of 1960 sit-in fame used to be. It was pretty cool, and our tour guide was deeply taken by the subject matter, so this wasn't so much a dry lecture as it was a performance covering a few generations' worth of struggle for equality.

I also picked up The Alienist, which I am thoroughly enjoying, and finally, officially started Kafka On the Shore, which I am also liking quite a lot. As books, they couldn't be more opposite, but as we all know, I like it when narrative voices clash in my brain. I'll have a nice long train ride on Thursday to spend writing, as well. At the moment, life is peaceful. My return to Baltimore on the 15th will restore insanity and sleep deprivation, but for now I'm enjoying the relative calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment