Sunday, August 8, 2010

brace face i love you

"Don't take this the wrong way, but your poetry is really...strange."

Best review I've gotten in weeks, courtesy of a fellow reader at Minas, a vintage clothing boutique and art gallery on the Avenue that hosts poetry readings from time to time. The first part of it was an open mic, so I read a couple of newish poems. I don't write much poetry - I'm not very good at it and it's not a form I particularly like - but some ideas are stubborn and won't come out any other way. I'm sure you all understand.

I've had a lot on my mind lately that, when I have the time and energy to write it up, will make its way here in due time. Until then, uh, here's part of a Weyes Bluhd set that features her creepy-yet-beautiful balladry.

No comments:

Post a Comment