Wednesday, August 11, 2010

caramel corn for president please

Zine update! Yesterday's test printing was a success (eventually) and copies will be made tomorrow or Friday to be assembled over the weekend. I've got a couple of open mics to attend next week, so maybe I can unload a few copies on Baltimore's literary scene before school starts.

The 'zine, as you may recall, is Gouts of Angry Mist, and I have some photos of the prototype, which needed larger print and lighter photos (some of the pictures in the second piece smudged during reproduction). The cover is still the same, though, and the basic layout hasn't changed much. It's just easier to read now. I should probably paste my author bio in there somewhere too, now that I think about it, but for all intents and purposes, it's done. Hooray!

I'm actually putting together another 'zine as we speak; the new one's a more traditional mix of poetry and short stories, but it'll be a while yet before that one's out of the formative stages. Besides, I'd like to take a minute or two and bask in the completion of Gouts. Summer projects are great when they actually turn out the way you want them to, aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment