Wednesday, September 1, 2010

is it fall yet

There. Never let it be said that I can't be nice when I want to be.

So another semester has begun, which means more scintillating academic jabbering from me over the next few months. Most of it will come from my Tuesday class, best described as a lecture series on various ephemera of writing and publishing. Should be a good time, and the copyright and branding lectures are worth taking this class all by themselves, in my opinion. Once the class blog is set up, we'll all be writing responses to said lectures, and I may republish my entries here if time permits. They'd be topical enough for this blog, and it's an easy source of updates since, as I'm sure any remaining readers have noticed, I don't update unless I have something specific to impart. Facebook and Twitter can encourage us to broadcast every mundane occurrence in our lives all they want, but I'm not doing it - my thoughts are directionless enough when I'm trying to make a point, so God only knows what would happen if I started wasting everyone's time with what kind of sandwich I ate today or how I can't ever find hats that fit.

Luckily, I'm not that desperate to brand myself yet, so I'll end here and get to class, since I've got a bus to catch. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment