Thursday, September 2, 2010

people send me away

Welp, looks like my poetry workshop is going to be fun, too. I'm at work, so I can't unleash my scattered and uneducated opinions about modern poetry (lucky you), but those are on tap for a future posting. So are a few of my poems, if I deem them not-terrible enough to make public. You've been warned.

In the meantime, my short story "Trail of Sawdust" is up at 5923 Quarterly - the link is in my Published Works sidebar. And I have a new Banners of Death project to get excited about - a friend of mine over at Kent State wants me to publish an edited, abridged, and salacious version of her doctoral thesis once she's done with it. The world will soon discover just how many dirty jokes she and I can squeeze out of liquid crystal research. And yes, there will be illustrations. The idea of a literary physics text is just the sort of weirdness I like, and I think putting it together will be fun. A challenge, certainly, but fun. The sciences have a rich vocabulary that's added a lot to fiction. and literary writing in general, so I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of this.

All right, time to make the donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment