Wednesday, December 8, 2010

i am the busiest bee

I just signed up for the AWP Conference and Bookfair next February, meaning that I need to get those business cards made and also print up some CVs and chapbooks to hand out. I'm hardly the best or most willing networker out there, but I am a carny at heart and will submit to shameless hucksterism without much hesitation. Plus, there are going to be some cool people there - Chimamanda Adichie, Colson Whitehead, and Claudia Rankine are just a few writers who will be on hand. I will try to contain my awkward enthusiasm.

I am also signing up for The Fiction Project - since I like fusing text and visual art, this is right up my alley. And, y'know, I need something ELSE to do on top of all my other responsibilities. My theme will be Dirigibles and Submersibles. Awesome.

And I will also be reading at Baltimore's Indie Lit Roadshow on Sunday, which will be a good time. I may make a sign for the 'zines I'll be selling, but that will depend on time and energy.

That's all for now, I think. Oh, no it isn't - I stole a wall clock from school today. Machines, I rage against them.

No comments:

Post a Comment