Friday, May 17, 2013

agents were beginning to operate on their own agenda

Finished the first draft of my western! Hooray! It feels good to have seen a project through without any third-party deadlines or MFA requirements. A few people are already reading it (at least, they'd better be) and I'll do some revising once their feedback comes in.

In the meantime, I'm returning to The Bong-Ripping Brides of Count Drugula, my 2012 NaNo project, to beef up the antagonist and pick up where I left off. My notes from work are slowly turning into something too, but I don't know what it is yet. That's okay, though. As long as my goal of not letting work sap all my creative energy is met, I'm content to let stories (and the occasional poem) take shape as they will.

I should also mention that this year's graduates from my MFA program are a talented bunch, and I have a lot of their books stacked on my windowsill. I'll review a couple of them in my next post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment